HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Two Issues With A Remington 1187
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 01:38 AM
BOWHUNTERCOP
Nontypical Buck

Default Two Issues With A Remington 1187

Friend of mine purchased a few months ago a brand new 1187 deer version in 20ga., he got the scope mounted and sighted in. He finally had free time to go and sight the gun in. Well he tried loading it from the bottom, but the gun would not accept a round, it had to be combat loaded, so this semi auto is a single shot. His groups where all over the place, he called me cause I have the same gun and mine is accurate (action bar on mine cracked last March), and told him check the scope mounts, he said secured, check the barrel he said there is some wiggle to it, it's flushed to the receiver but movement left/right. He took it to his gunsmith who verified the issues are real, now my friend purchased a 870 2 years ago with issues out of the box, the store gave him store credit, so understand this the 2nd issue with Remington so he is done with them. So he went back to the store he deals with, and they also agree the gun is a POS....They called Remington, and they gave the store a hard time as well. But in the end they said to return it and if need be the gun will be replaced. My friend told the store that he doesn't want a new one but for the store to keep it, and he will pay the difference for a Browning Silver (deer) also in 20ga. So now they are waiting on Remington......Big Green isn't the same quality I grew up with