HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The slug gun blues!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 09:24 AM
New York Hunter
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jack Ryan
Stop pulling down on the forearm. Just hold it and REST the forearm, not the barrel, on the sand bag.
If I don't hold the front down it lifts off the sand bags and my groups string up and down horribly. Instead of having big round groups I get big oval groups. But I'll try this again.

Don't use over a 9 power scope at most, 4 power is plenty. This eliminates parallax as a possibility.
I have Leupolds on both. A 2-7x33 in the 20 ga. and a 3-9x40 on the 12 ga. Parallax is set at 75 yds.

Good chance you are flinching.
I don't think I'm flinching. I load my rounds one at the time. Every once in a while I'll have my son either load a round or close the bolt on an empty chamber so I can't see and don't know what he did. Then he'll watch to see if I flinch or not if he didn't load a round. He says I'm not.

I'd take everything between the scope and the barrel apart, clean it, check for loose stuff during disassembly. Put it back together and scratch witness marks when assembled to check for any movement when you are shooting it. Make sure it's all tight going back together.
This has been done numerous times. Both scopes have been sent back. Both barrels have been sent back. Scope rings have been marked to see if there was any movement.

Thanks, NYH.