HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - CT 6 point bowkill
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 11:59 AM
rutt
Fork Horn

Default CT 6 point bowkill

Yesterday morning. Just shy of 7 am. Woods were really quiet. Been looking for a very big 8 point with hooked brow around. Caught it on camera a few times. So just before 7am yesterday, I did some blind can calls seeing tines at this location. Have seen small bucks coming through along with 4-5 does daily. Last week this 6 started coming as the woods were pretty quiet. Not 15 seconds later this buck comes off the ridge behind me, looking for the source. Watched it zig zag through the woods on a direct course towards my stand. At 10 yards it finally stops, giving me a nice quartering away shot. At the shot the arrow penetrates the right side, just in front of the last rib and exits clean through just in front of the off shoulder. Buck goes on a 45-50 yard death run and crashes in sight. Great blood trail. Followed it anyways just out of curiosity. 100 gr. Magnus Snuffer on the front of a 350 CX Express Piledriver shaft. 446 grains. 271 FPS out of a #70 Mathews Halon. I see several small bucks and does here continually. They always all get a pass.