HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone hunt the Shawnee got any advice ?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 04:57 PM
bathroomgrafitti4u
Spike

Originally Posted by Buck Terminator
I hunt just north of Elizabethtown in Hardin, my suggestion would be to make some time to go and scout the area if at all possible. Most of the public areas should be marked for Federal Boundary lines they are better posted than they used to be. As far as maps go Stop in at the Ranger station on the south side of Harrisburg on the way the people in there are helpful and most times have the forrest service maps right there .
It is just like most other areas a lot of it gets hunted but if you are willing to go a little further in to areas than others it usually pays off. Have you ever hunted there before? It is not like other places in the state, meaning it is quite a bit different terrain. Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to help.

Yea I ordered maps over a week ago. Hopefully they come in soon as I’m leaving on the 4 in the morning, if I don’t have them by then I’m going to have to just stop in Harrisburg.

I have been hunting down there a couple years now but on private land surrounded by the Shawnee. Granted I haven’t done too too much exploring but I know it can get hilly and rocky in some places it seems like. I’ve got no problem going deep in the woods to find good deer I’m just worried about wondering into someone’s land I don’t want to be trespassing. So I’m really wondering are those maps detailed enough to where it’s easy to see what’s public and what’s private ? And also are there a lot of areas around glocanda that have a lot or aces to hunt ?