HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Draw Weigh increase, shoot higher?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 04:57 AM
davidg
Fork Horn

new to a lot of this stuff. I have been shooting every single day for a month and trying to gather as much info as I can about it all and also to get familiar with my bow and what not. Getting ready to hunt next year with it. I recently increased the poundage from 62 to 69 pounds. Which is a decent jump but can shoot the 69 comfortably roughly 30 times in a session no problem. My arrows began to shoot a decent amount higher at 20-60 yards so I adjusted it and my accuracy also increased fairly drastically. Also noticed it was a bit less forgiving. When I get more comfortable with this poundage Ill be broached tuning it from which I understand is more adjusting the rest instead of the sights. So am I on the right track with that? More important though, is that normal for adjusting higher poundage that it shoots higher and accuracy increases? It makes sense that it would shoot higher if I adjust my poundage higher. If needed I can give my bow info and arrow info. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

yes .you can expect to be a bit higher due to more velocity..my advise is do not adjust rest, arrow should remain square w/ string ..do adjust sights..move it towards the miss...obtain a bow square to check for square and to compare brace height from bottom limb to top limb...u can experiment w/ that..if u r using fixed blade broadheads be sure to practice w/ those..they can plane like feathers..grip consistency is vital w/ b'heads...lots and lots of subtleties...have fun and good luck