HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - non (but not anti) hunter needs education please
Old 10-11-2017, 02:28 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by the neighbor
I'd love to fence -- it's always great to have perimeter fencing as a second containment method for livestock. Unfortunately it's a financial and logistical non-starter: 30+ acres with mature trees on a 1,000 foot property line (and that's our short one!) that woods have been growing over since long before we acquired the farm.
the one farm I managed had a 60 plus acre field fenced in, a 8 ft fence too! and still had lots of issue's with arrows stuck in the field, and even cows getting shot in hunting season!
and many many times caught folks IN the field, they climb over , go under
and IF you leave any sections down(no fence) you sort of give them better access to deer coming and going from your side

bottom line is, you either get lucky asking this hunter to respect your side of things, or YOU have issue's

this is why its best to TRY to go easy in first contact, and also, maybe even before talking to said hunter, find out the legal rules and laws on trespassing in YOUR state
so you know what direction you HAVE to go if things go wrong after first contact!

I also would NOT recommend allowing anyone to track game onto your side without them FIST telling you there doings
not doing so, opens the door too wide for them to abuse this(been there done it with MANY hunters in my area and a few different states I also hunt)