HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are you trying anything new this year?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:10 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SilverbulletM70
Hunting a new 80 acre plot of land. No trail cams and nothing to go off of but aerials. Going in blind and I'm excited about that "unknown". I'll have boots on ground the day before opener to find my way to some existing stands.
Because I'm going in blind (more or less) and traveling in from out of state (in CO, heading to northern MN for whitetail opener) I'm having an internal debate of what rifles to bring. I have a 338 Win Mag that I haven't had a chance to hunt with yet and while it's extremely overkill, I have a box of 200 grain SSTs that may just get called into action. I have a .308 and a nice little 7-08 but I'm itching to get that 338 out on a hunt!lol Probably going to bring them all, along with a 7mm WSM for any long open field shots...
3 words that worry me are "unknown" and "existing stands".

Please, please give those stands a real good going over before getting in them.

Also for you and all the other hunters, make sure you know the local medical locations, fire departments, phone numbers, etc. and keep them in your phone or on hand.

Good, safe hunting to everyone.