HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - non (but not anti) hunter needs education please
Old 10-10-2017, 11:48 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well I feel your pain, I have had major issue's with trespassers
do NOT know what state your in, so, rules can and will be different pending where you live

so hard to give exact info to you!

first off legally all you have control over is YOUR land , sadly folks can and DO sit right on borders, and even worse, MOST will think NOTHING of shooting an animal on your side IF they think they can get away with it
yes some are respectful and won't,m but my experience is more will than won't

untill you can catch them ON your side of things, there isn't anything legally you can do, and even IF you DO catch them on your side of things, its NOT all that easy to correct in many place(PA my state is almost impossible to get help from the law side of things, and fines are rather silly IF you get them to enforce things)

what you can Do, and might be your best option, is when you see these hunters there, GO and talk to them and express your concerns with them
from there you will either have nice folks that understand, or you will find out what your in for!

if there nice and move off or??
OK< keep tabs on things and maybe you will live peacefully along side of them

if they give you grief, well then you also know what your in for, and time to step up things
you can use trail camera's to catch them on your land, you can also TAKE there trail camera, let them know of they want it back., they can contact the local police to get it, as that would admit there guilt of being on your side of things placing the camera
I have NEVER found any willing to do this LOL
I used to leave notes saying where there camera was at when I find them on my lands!

you can start talking to your local game dept (IF, IF they enforce trespassing, here in PA they don't and outright refuse to do anything to help you, where as some states game depts will do plenty to help you)
there are legal hunting rules on distances from a building, road and such,safety zones and such, but they are mostly for road right a ways, and house's occupied buildings.

you can also contact your local police and ask for information on what options you have, to know again, what is needed to prosecute if it gets to that
there is a lot more than just saying they did?
it saddens me to say it, but hunters are HUGE trespassers in my area,
far too many feel due to they grew up near a place, had permission in the past, or?? that they just have a GOD given right to go where they please, and its the LAND owners problem if there ON there land!
sad, but been my experience again m,ore often than not, here in PA!
had a gun store, worked in a deer processing butcher shop for many many yrs, and talked to thousands of PA hunters and heard so many say like things, hunt all over the state of PA and again, same mind sets and views in FAR too many here!

good luck to you, maybe if you list what state your in, more options can info can get to you here!