HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Land Double
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 02:09 AM
MissionOutdoors.net
Spike

mrbb, I do appreciate your concern and looking out for others!

This hunt took place in WI which uses paper tags instead of the attach to the deer and semi weatherproof types most other states use, and you validate the tags simply by ripping off the lower portion of the harvest tag. New this year also with the validation is no longer needing to attach anything to a deer, just rip off the tag, then call or use the internet too register before leaving the county, or within 24 hours. The downside of self filming vs having someone else film for you, is I don't always capture the entire story because I'm trying to multi task literally the entire hunt by filling both roles.

What wasn't shown in this video was me getting down right after that shot to check on the doe since I could see her about 40 yards away, which I didn't see at first because I was watching her through a viewfinder, then when I looked up I just didn't see her at first.

After that I validated my tag and called my buddy to tell him about my doe. He is training a blood tracking dog and asked if she can "find my deer" even though it only ran 40-50 yards. I told him sure and I'd hang out till he got here, and crawled back into my tree which is where it picks back up again with me back in my stand.

Now in hindsight your questions actually helped me with my shot sheets, which if you don't know about them (don't know what your video knowledge is), they are a sheet I wrote up and printed out and carry with me while hunting/filming. They are kind of a reminder of what too film while on the hunt. Stuff like close up of clipping the release to the bow, drawing, other wildlife etc... Stuff too help tell the full story. I just added validate tag to my list because it is a very big part of telling the story. So thank you for that! When self filming I try to follow the sheets, but I'm still horrible at my story telling and have a lot of growing and learning too do yet, and when stuff starts happening I forget all about the sheets half the time sadly... I'll get there some day! I hope... lol