HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TV Hunting Shows - Pet Peeves
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 12:55 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

I just watched a hunting show... part of it, half the time I watch 5 mins and can't stand it and change the channel.

anyway, this "bow hunter" forgot his RANGEFINDER, and had a bear come in.... within shooting range but because he didn't have his rangefinder, he couldn't take the shot! WTF!? this guy would have starved 20 years ago... before range finders, lol, how did anyone ever bowhunt before range finders? lol.

PS- on the show before/after the aforementioned show, a guy made a ok shot on a musk ox, clear to all, the shot was sub par, the guides telling him to nock another arrow!

Maybe I've just been trained to shoot and reload! This "hunter" would have had a 2nd follow up shot had he nocked an arrow right away but instead had to track wounded animal until he could get a 2nd arrow I think unless the animal just died.

I just don't get it, by the time you realize you need a 2nd shot...and you don't have another round chambered or arrow nocked, it could be too late.

reminds me of this show I saw years ago, the guy walks up on the "dead animal" and it gets up and runs off, he was hunting with a rifle, and didn't have a round chambered! he lost the animal...never found...

You can always unload/un nock after a successful hunt but vice versa not always the case.

Last edited by salukipv1; 09-27-2017 at 01:04 PM.