HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My dad's birthday present - T/C Encore muzzleloader
Old 09-03-2017, 07:06 PM
TN Lone Wolf
Typical Buck

Default My dad's birthday present - T/C Encore muzzleloader

My Encore setup consists of a single frame and handful of barrels. You've seen my 300 Win Mag:

You've also seen my 221 Fireball:

I've added another barrel to the family. However, this one isn't for me. And it's not even a handgun barrel.

Eight years ago, we got my dad a muzzleloader for his birthday - a T/C Pro Hunter. However, being the type of father he is, he more often than not allowed me and, later, my sister to use it. In the years since, I've killed a 10 point and 8 point buck, and my sister has killed a 9 point - the second largest buck ever taken on our property. My dad has only ever shot targets with it.

This year, we couldn't figure out what to get him for his birthday. After thinking about it, I suggested to my mom and sister that we build him a muzzleloader around my Encore frame. My sister handled the forend, my mom bought the barrel, and I chose the scope. The end result:

Frame: blued T/C Encore
Stock/forend: T/C factory synthetic
Barrel: blued T/C 28" Endeavor Speed Breach XT
Scope: Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50mm BDC reticle
Base: Weaver
Rings: Leupold Rifleman high rings x4

Now all three of us have muzzleloaders this year. With six potential shooter bucks running around, I'm 100% confident we'll have at least one buck on the ground during the opening weekend muzzleloader season.