HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hogs Completely Destroy Beautiful Backyard!
Old 08-29-2017, 11:49 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

They really tore that lawn up. Looks like a small sounder.

I remember calling a friend to tell him the Hogs had been on his lease. Told him the Hogs had torn up a pasture pretty good. He asked me if I could replace the divots and clean it up a little. The local farmer was giving him grief over crop damage. I busted out laughing and said a few days with a front loader and I could maybe fix it up a little. That was one unhappy farmer. He said his Cows won't feed in a pasture full of pig poop.

I collected a bunch of Dog scat from a local Animal shelter. Traded them dog food for poop. Worked somewhat to deter them, I was trying to save some poor farmers Strawberries. Tried an electrified fence which also worked somewhat for awhile.

Usually after the second or third loss of a sounder member they will move on and bother somebody else. One reason we don't often shoot the biggest Hog, because they are usually the leader and the smartest. We harvest a couple of the middle size and the leader gets the message and avoids that spot for awhile.