HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have success hunting the Flat Top Wilderness?
Old 08-11-2017, 08:30 AM
Hoytbows32
Spike

Default Looking for tips in 231

Originally Posted by justhuntitall
[/align]
[blockquote]

Cougar Mag

I just got back from the Flat Tops and I hate to say we struck out this year we were there the last two weeks we seen elk but they were very nocturnal cuase of the warm weather and very few bugles .
But if you are going here soon you will have a great advantage over us cuase it will cool down and they should be on fire and there isa lot of elk there.

I've been going there above Yampa for 10 yearsand me and my buddies have only been skunked twice this isthe second time butthe time before thatthere were shots not taken and a miss or two.

If you want I can key you in on some hot spots but I wont do it on here . And dont worry about it you will see elk . And if you have time take a hike to devils causewayyou will really enjoy the view.
F
Good luck
Shane
[/align] [/blockquote]
Originally Posted by justhuntitall
[/align]
[blockquote]

Cougar Mag

I just got back from the Flat Tops and I hate to say we struck out this year we were there the last two weeks we seen elk but they were very nocturnal cuase of the warm weather and very few bugles .
But if you are going here soon you will have a great advantage over us cuase it will cool down and they should be on fire and there isa lot of elk there.

I've been going there above Yampa for 10 yearsand me and my buddies have only been skunked twice this isthe second time butthe time before thatthere were shots not taken and a miss or two.

If you want I can key you in on some hot spots but I wont do it on here . And dont worry about it you will see elk . And if you have time take a hike to devils causewayyou will really enjoy the view.
F
Good luck
Shane
[/align] [/blockquote]
looking for tips in unit 231. I can trade info in unit 12