HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana rifles
Thread: Indiana rifles
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 04:10 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

The Supreme Court has already ruled that the 2nd amendment is not absolute. Can you carry a firearm in a US Post Office or a school or a Court House? No you cannot. While we may not like it, the decision has already been made that restrictions can be made on the 2nd amendment, which by the way pertains to the right to bear arms , not ammunition which is how several states have been able to prohibit having your handgun loaded with hollow points. What you would like to be and what is, unfortunately are two different things. As a retired law enforcement officer I can carry a concealed handgun in all 50 states so long as I qualify every year. However, as I travel through different states I have to know the laws of the states because while federal law allows me to carry a firearm, it does not supersede a state law on the kind of ammunition I can have in my possession in a state that forbids the mere possession of a certain kind of ammunition. While I wish it were not that way, I must live in the world the way it is, not the way I wish it was, unless I am willing to get arrested, go to jail, post bond and fight the charges on the grounds of the 2nd amendment, which has already been weakened by the SCOTUS, which of course I am not willing nor can I afford to do.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 08-02-2017 at 04:20 PM.