HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The best Extreme Knight never made
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Gm54-120
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
But! it wernt builded by Knight - all GM. Wernt they build when Knight lost its way and was in between being out of business and the current owners.
GM sold these while Knight was only selling accessories and handling warranty/repairs. They also sold the 32cal "squirrel rifle" during that time which is even more rare.

The laminate stock on the 54-120 is unique. Grip feels thinner and the checkering on the forearm is on the bottom. Not on the sides of the forearm. The thinner pistol grip allows for a very tight hold and gives some room for heavy gloves. The trigger has the wide shoe like the Knight "target trigger" i bought shortly after PI acquired Knight. They appear to be identical.

Its still my opinion Knight should have made one and instead of the 52cal, they should have made a beast of a 54cal 1-26 to shoot bullets like the Rem 50-385gr CLHP. Mine shoots 54x50 sabots extremely well and a few 54x45s well too.

The Harvester 54x45s are super tough sabots. Max loads of BH209 and a 300gr bullet hardly phases them. The MMP 54x50 sabots they make for Barnes are also pretty tough. They are not just purple MMPs dyed red according to MMP. The pics i posted were pretty much all 110gr loads or more. You can see they hold up very well even with that 385gr bullet.

IIRC i was getting right around 1830fps with a max load of BH209 and a 385gr. More or less that is right in line with a 50 Beowulf.