HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin non-resident public land hunt
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 02:35 PM
schl4444
Spike

Default Will bow hunt

Originally Posted by jjgaw
Hey all,

A friend and I are planning a Wisconsin public land bow hunting trip for the dates nov 11-14th. We are from Indiana and just looking to try something new. We want to stay around central, and southern parts of the state. We will be camping and willing to walk long distances and be relying heavily on calling and rattling.

Can anyone recommend a good county or public land area we should focus our efforts on. I have done a lot of research and not found much helpful info on public land hunting up there.
I live in Wi, and hunted public ground many year successfully before I bought my farm. Anyways I would highly recommend the Tiffany Public hunting grounds. Not much hunting pressure for bow hunting. It is river bottom with the Chippewa river running through it. There are high oak ridges in some places. A small flat bottom boat helps for access and getting your deer out. Would recommend hunting in mus Oct through Nov. Mosquitos are brutal in early season. Some very good deer in this area. If your interested you can send me a PM for more info.