HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Food plotting, hope it helps someone
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 02:53 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I will also note, sine many guys don't have a tiller for making plots
you can disc corn and soybean seeds in and get very good takes that way too
been doing that for about 15+ yrs
I actually have a cultipacker, so can use that, but all sorts of drags can eb made rather easy
if you have any fencing companys about, most will give you FREE chainlink fence they get off of jobs, some 8 ft tall or even 6 ft, folded over a few times and adding some weight in the middle, be it a few pallets, or old telephone poles/railroad ties(which also can be had free if you look for them)

and then drag that over things

but to be honest, corn and soybeans can just be disc'ed into the ground and no packing at all, and will grow rather well most times

IF you JOIN the NWTF, national wild turkey federation, they will sell you discounted seeds in the spring time, many times being round up ready corn and soybean, can get 300-350 buck bags of seeds for like 25 bucks a bag
, there a yr old, but I have never NOT had them grow on me, I add added inoculant to them( its cheap too) and that always seems to add a boost to things??

But the deal is, you have to sign an agreement with the stating its for WILDLIFE ONLY< not for harvest

but a huge way in saving $$ buying seeds for food plots!
and at like 25 bucks a yr, and a good organization too boot< its been a win win deal to me!