HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nice Powerbelt load for the Accura...
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Oh, it's more than close. It's true and your denial changes nothing.

Gun shops around here stock and sell nothing but Powerbelts, because they're legal, shoot in any gun, and they work. Talk to the shop owners and they'll tell you they've had no complaints about Powerbelts. Talk to the hunters and they'll tell you the same thing. Why is that?

Something is wrong and I think it's the bull you get on forums. Rumors spread easily and shouldn't be believed. Most who rag on PB's have never used them. They just want to be one of the boys and agree. Not my style. I've helped a lot of hunters hunt. A lot of them use PB's. I've seen no failures. Just the opposite. I've seen lots of bang-flops. I'm not buying the rumors.
Muley, if they work for ya, keep using them. Every hunter I know can't stand them and won't use them. I've shot'em before and won't shoot them again. If a PB is the only bullet you can find, then of course hunters will need something and you buy what's available. However given a choice between ANY PB and a Thor for your state's rules, Thor hands down.
They aren't even as close to accurate as many "rumors" indicate. If the bullet was accurate, it would be used in competition. My crossbow is more accurate to 60yds