HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scopes on Muzzleloaders... For or Against?
Old 06-04-2017, 07:36 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Thankfully Michigan has a muzzle loader season after the regular fire arm season. If it is above 45cal scoped or not scoped it is legal.
We in Michigan also know they were building in line muzzle loading rifles as early as 1836. I often wonder where the primitive folks stop at a weapon being primitive.

I would say any thing past the split stick with a nice rock woven into the split is primitive and arrows with real flint heads. Other wise they aren't really very primitive.

Scoped or not should be up to the hunter if legal in their state. I can't even fathom why any one would want to fight the scope non scope question, as it should just be up to the hunter just as it is the modern rifle.

Al

I generally agree with this. The exception being a situation like in PA. Allot of people want the flintlock season to be an any muzzleloader season. However I enjoy the flintlock only season. And PA has an early Muzzleloader season in October.

Many people look at the flintlock season as being restrictive. I look at it as an additional opportunity.

-Jake