HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Southcentral Kansas - 3 yr old Plott hound needs good home
Old 04-28-2017, 10:55 AM
CJMac
Spike

Default Southcentral Kansas - 3 yr old Plott hound needs good home

I need to find good rural/farm home for a dog. I adopted him from the KS Humane Society in June 2016 and he is a great dog except for one specific trait. He is a critter gitter. He loves to chase and tree squirrels. He has also pulled a possum off a 6 foot fence, eaten a few baby bunnies, and killed some snakes. I can deal with everything but the squirrels. And, I really don't care about the squirrels; it is what he is doing to our trees trying to get at the squirrels.

I am in desperate need of re-homing him.

Again, great dog. Wonderful with our other dog and socializes well with others at the dog parks. He would make a great family dog for someone with kids. He is 3 years old and is about 50 lbs. He is considered to be a Plott Hound mix. I know the word "mix" has come to mean pit bull for a lot of people, but he has none of that in him. Story was that he came to the KSHS the first time from a Plott breeder who couldn't sell a couple of the last pups from a litter and needed to move on. He was with his first home for 2 1/2 years and came back because of his owner's health. I believe he has been trained to squirrel hunt. We can't shoot even pellet guns in the city so we bought some air soft guns. He gets so excited when he sees those come out. Respond to the post if interested.

Last edited by CJMac; 04-30-2017 at 04:45 AM.