HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ordered a kit pistol
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 06:16 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

How exciting! I always liked those kind of pistols. I had a pistol like that once in .45 caliber made by Jukar. And believe it or not, it was a pretty accurate pistol. A very good friend of mine was constantly in debt. And he would often approach me and ask to borrow money. Seems he was always in a bind. And to his credit he would pay it back. But he gave me this Jukar pistol one day, as he said "for interest" for helping a friend out when he was having hard times.

I can remember sitting on the back steps at my buddies farm and shooting an old metal trash can out in the yard with that pistol. I don't think I ever missed hitting the trash can. Even my friend was amazed at how accurate it was. We kind of figured it was a noise maker is all. But time after time, I would pop that trash can. And that might not seem like much to some, but that can was about the width of a person's shoulders. So I figured in the early days, a person could have actually done some damage for one shot. After that I guess it was nothing but a club.