HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What fish do you feel is the best to eat?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:09 AM
olsaltydog
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
I'd be willing to bet if any of yall ever get to try Kokanee salmon about as long as your arm, gut quick, pour a small bit of peanut oil in a cast iron skillet big enough for a family of purto-ricans to take a bath in, season inside & outside, and throw them in there still flopping. Flip, then when both sides/all through are done take them out & lay them on a serving platter or suitable huge piece of bark from driftwood (DRY), flip over, then flip again, and you're holding a perfect skeleton including head, tail, and every bone, and there's 2 perfect full length filets lying on it's skin with NO wasted meat. They're so delicate & flaky the meat comes right off the bones allowing you to do that. The flavor is SOOO exquisite and about 1,820,183 times better and fresher than if you buy "fresh" filets at a store, and NO strong taste of any kind! I'd bet you would change your vote!
I bet I won't. I have had many different Salmon and trouts over the years, I would still put tripletail, grouper, and snapper over pretty much any other. I would put a fried softshell blue crab sandwich over any freshwater fish I have ever had.