HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5 Reasons to Small Game Hunt
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Landon DeKeyser
Spike

Default 5 Reasons to Small Game Hunt

Ok so this isn't about deer hunting, but it is directed at deer hunters. If this has to be moved I understand. If you are like me and mainly deer hunt you may find this helpful.

I don't small game hunt more than a few times a year, but when deer season is over the depression sets in from lack of time in the woods.

So if you are looking for some extra motivation to get out and chase the little critters here you go. While there are lots of reasons, there are really 2 I want to hit on here.

1. Its a great way to get new people excited about the outdoors. I have challenged myself to try and introduce some new people to hunting. If you think about asking others to join you in a hunt, but selfish with your time in the deer stand (I know I am). This is something to think about.

2. Its good for the sport of hunting in general. Small game hunting (at least in Michigan has been on a steady decline for over 50 years... Thats bad for the sport in general.

This is something that has been on my mind and just felt the need to share. I actually wrote a post on my blog that goes much more in depth if you want to read it. http://lifestylelost.com/index.php/2...-game-hunting/

Good luck to all of you lucky people that still have an open deer season!

-Landon