HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best archery brand?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 01:50 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
It's not so much as personal "likes" as it is personal "fit" and "feel". Having taught archery for many years, what I always tell my students that ask that question is to go to an archery shop that has many different brands and models of each brand and only go to those that have demo models to let a person shoot them. A compound bow is a highly personal weapon. Way more so than a rifle. You can shoot an improperly fit rifle to a reasonable degree of accuracy. You can't with a compound bow.

Your top makers are BowTech (my personal go to brand), Mathews (thieves but still okay bows), Hoyt, Martin, PSE (they have really brought their game up), Diamond (subsidiary of BowTech), Mission (subsidiary of Mathews), Elite (only 11 years old but making a dang fine name for themselves).

Your job, is to find the best fit and feel for YOU not what someone on the internet says you should use. I, and others, can tell you the better manufacturers out there for high quality products. What we can NOT tell you is what bow would be best for you.
I'm gonna have to add to that list

Prime, obsession , Darton , Strother , parker , bear

I shot bowtech for years but switched to prime last year.

After shooting a lot of bows the prime was what I liked best.

The same guy/engineer had a lot of influence on a lot of these brands... Kevin Strother came up with bowtech , married the Martin girl, started the elite brand, the Strother brand , and had his hands in the obsession and expedition brand as well.

Hell of a bow designer but a little shady apparently.