HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - best place to hunt in this picture! help?
Old 11-30-2016, 10:46 AM
Weldlife143
Spike

Originally Posted by C. Davis
It is real hard to say by looking at the map. When you start walking that power line, you can find crossings and it can help give you hints what is happening on the property.

Here is one thing you can do right now. Look at your weather every day, and see which direction the wind usually comes from. It won't be the same every day, but you should start to see a pattern. Keep this in mind when you start positioning your stands.

There are a few good hunting apps that show wind direction. My hunting would be much easier if I had placed my permanent stands on the south of my deer trails because this time of year the wind is usually coming from the north or north east.

C. Davis
okay, now i have been on the property and seen alittle lit of it and what i can say, there is a little patch of oak in the middle near a creek bed. do you think that would be an ideal spot to put a mineral site and feeder up? all the other timber is planted and rolled farm pine.