HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rifle for my daughter
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 07:40 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Joot
Nine year old ? I don't understand how some of you folks could be a responsible parent and take a nine or ten year old hunting. I'm all for teaching kids hunting and all but 9 and 10 year olds are just too young in my book. If you going to start them out that early, why not consider a .22LR for squirrels first....
Seriously? Back in the dark ages when I was 9 I was hunting by myself! Had already taken several deer and hundreds of squirrels and rabbits by that old age of 9! All 5 of my kids had their own rifles by 10 and probably had more range and field time than a lot of 20 year olds! I guess you are one of those libs that think a kid shouldn't be allowed to handle a firearm or go out in the woods till they are 16? My Great Grandfather and Father had me out in the woods when I had the walking thing down pat! I did the same thing with my kids. Teaching little ones about nature and hunting and shooting, basically all outdoor sports, gives them the absolute BEST chance of capturing an interest and off the damn video games and idiot box (TV). My question to you sir would be, how could a responsible parent NOT start them out young?