HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I've lost zeal
Thread: I've lost zeal
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 02:15 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I'll be turning 70 soon been hunting since I was 9 for small game and deer since 1963. I've lost count on the number of bucks I have gotten but well over 100. Was tough to continue to hunt in the late 1970's when dads friends started bringing their kids so I started hunting some place else and was mostly hunting alone. By the early 1980's I was able to go back and hunt my folks farm and woods for deer (My real passion.) I started getting some really nice bucks out of there bruisers many close to 200 pounds and none smaller than a 8 point. Word got out and dads friends returned with their kids and grand kids. Finally gave up and bought my own UPPER Michigan deer camp. 1992 first year hunting there alone with Kare back at camp since she doesn't hunt her self. 1993 had a very close friend hunting partner go with me and 1994 4 other guys. The last one died in 2005, I did 2006 alone there but wasn't the same 2007 invited 2 guys from work a pair of A holes that invited a brother in law with out asking me and were so lazy they could not get out of their own stink.
2008 found me hunting my little patch of 10 acre woods here at home alone and I have come to love it.
Have gotten some nice bucks here, sleep in a nice warm house and have some one that cooks dinner and supper for me.
She even tells me about a nice buck like yesterday the one in the front yard. I suspect I will die deer hunting or at least in the woods with a deer near by.

I was getting ready to go out and walk my dogs.

Al