HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .44 Magnum Rifle
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 05:44 AM
sconnyhunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
A lot of "felt" recoil can be diminished by use of a properly fit stock as well as proper shouldering form. As long as both of those criteria are met, the .44 mag lever gun is a real puppy to shoot. My longer barreled .44 mag pistols are puppies unless I have a really heavy bullet and heavy powder charge loaded up. Even then they aren't unmanageable. The real kickers are the short barreled little monstrosities. I am assuming you live somewhere that a rifle cartridge has to be of a straightwalled design or a pistol cartridge or some such? If not, I would say go with a nice .243 with a junior stock and let her rip!
Nah, we live in WI. In the upper NW corner. I can shoot anything I want. I personally hunt with a 7MM Rem Mag.
I was just looking for something that a smaller girl can shoot, without too much felt recoil. And that I might take along myself. (I admit this might be more for me than for her).
I already have (2) .243's but they are too much for her yet.

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
The .44 mag is a good option. I'm with SH tho, if a .243 is an option I'd go with that. Nothing wrong with the .44 though. I'll be carrying one in ohio this season.
-Jake
Thanks.