HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MN hunters
Thread: MN hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 03:39 PM
BigDaddy12t
Giant Nontypical

We had a pretty good opening weekend for a change. My buddy and his son had to work Saturday, so I stayed close to home and hunted my spot I have hunted for years. The landowners will only let me hunt this spot, so I found another spot for the 3 of us to hunt closer to their house. I didn't see a thing opening morning, but I heard a ton of shots. At noon, I decided to run up to our other spot. I climbed into my buddies tower stand at 1:00. I figured since I was there alone, I would hunt his spot. This is only our second year hunting here, and have not gotten a deer here yet. About 2:30, my buddy text me and told me he was getting done in about 15 minutes, and was wondering if it was worth it for him to come out. He has a ways to drive from work, and he had to stop at home first. Told him it was up to him, but if he did come out, to go sit my blind since I was in his. I should add, that this spot isn't very big, and about 3:30, I watched him walk out to my stand. He crawled in the blind at 4:00, and at 6:00, I heard him shoot! I text him and asked him if that was him, and he said, yes, he is down!! Here I had been sitting since 1:00, and hadn't seen a thing, and he comes out for 2 hours, and shoots his biggest buck to date. No monster, but a very nice one for him. I couldn't be happier!! He has done so much for me over the years, and I really wanted to get him a deer. It had been almost 8 years since he shot his last one. Here he is with his buck. He took it to the taxidermist, and is going to have it mounted.