HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tough Chewy Meat??
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 12:12 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I do all my own butchering and remove everything other than solid meat from all the cuts including the grind. People who say they don't like the taste of venison must have eaten some that either was improperly cooked or wasn't handled properly in the butchering phase. When I make sausage I add a percentage of fatty pork according to what recipe I use. The Pennsylvania dutch is my all time favorite.
Lebanon Bologna and Sweet Sticks was a discovery I made in PA years ago! I finally got old man Groff to gimmi his recipe for making them outta my deer grind on the promise he would haunt me to my dying day if I EVER told anyone else! Family recipe of his. Was absolutely the best of both of them I had in PA from ANYONE!

And CI, there's been a lot of deer that I've had to do some work with because of the Lactic Acid built up in the muscle tissue because the deer either ran hard after hit (archery) or it was a rutted up buck or a Doe that had been run hard by a buck. Some people don't mind that gamey taste from the Lactic Acid buildup but I sure aint one of them!