HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - moose hunt planning
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 AM
brdeca
Spike

Maps and a compass are always a good idea thanks; and I definitely agree that it's best to keep your range at or under what you can consistently preform at. I mean I love being able to hit the 500yd gong at the range from time to time but those are very controlled conditions and I would never rely on that kind of shot to take down an animal.

I understand that this is by no means going to be an inexpensive endeavor, just budgeting out all the equipment we need plus getting to Alaska we're already at a couple grand per person, but from what I've looked at getting flown out into the bush would cost upwards of $3,000/person! Hopefully there's a way to get out there that doesn't double the budget haha. I'm hoping there's someone on here from Alaska and perhaps who knows the Fairbanks area who can point me in the right direction.

I will definitely try to keep this thread updated. just know it'll be a while. We came up with this plan a couple of months ago and we're just trying to get all the logistics together. probably looking at 2years before we actually end up going.