HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone use a Vortex 4-16x42mm Diamondback HP?
Old 10-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Lightjunkie
Spike

Talking

Originally Posted by westernspeed
I need to replace a scope on my Savage .300 win mag and I'm thinking about going with a Vortex 4-16x42mm Diamondback HP. Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? I'm thinking I'd like to stay within the $400-$500 price range and the VIP warranty Vortex offers is appealing. The area I elk hunt each year is fairly thick. My longest shot in this area is usually around 300 or 400 yards. I've read some very basic reviews of this scope on other sites and would appreciate any first hand knowledge. Thanks
I realize this is an old post but i just had to post my experience with this great peice of glass,i has a similiar experience I needed a good qaulity scope to sit and top of my Remington 700 classic chambered in .300weatherby,i have a fixed income but any qaulity issues with a inexpensive cheap scope will really show up in cheap optics I originally had a 4x12 Bushnell scope chief which broke the reticle flew apart after 5th shot.So I then tried a cheap Redfield 3x9 and it held zero for over 22 years,but optically it was aweful and it bloodied more than 1 eye brow.I finally realized I needed desperately needed to upgrade my glass.I looked at several nikon prostaff,monarchs burris fulldied leoupold vx2and when the sale man brought out the diamondbackHP and my search was over it has held up to high recoil a d holds zero