HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - disabled with spine issues
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 PM
im_shocked
Spike

Default disabled with spine issues

Hello everyone,I was on Huntingnet quite a few years ago but got down and discouraged when i faced the reality I couldn't hunt and had to give up my passion for bowhunting and archery.My screen name at the time was NCEMT for any of ya that might remember me that were here then(2003-2006 timeframe).I became disabled after a back injury working as an EMT on the ambulance.I've had three spine fusions,L3-L4,L4-L5 andL5-S1 numerous injections,discectomy,etc etc and received a spinal chord stimulator which is wonderful.Anyway,I'm still disabled,live with chronic pain and restrictions but am better than i was.I became determined i was going to hunt again and get back into the sport i loved more than life-archery.My son wasn't getting any younger and wasn't going to let the years slip by and me not teach him more about my love for the outdoors,hunting,bows,guns and fishing.This past Christmas we both got compounds and he's doing great and loves it.(He's about to turn 14)I'm shooting almost as good as i once did,thanks to God,great doctors,determination and work.I'm able to shoot 60lbs which is a huge accomplishment from not being able to lift over 5 lbs!We have an urban archery season where i am in VA and it comes in in my area Sept 3rd.I can't wait!Well,i just wanted to say hello to everyone and if you're disabled or have back issues,would like to talk,or i can help in anyway,please feel free to contact me.I'm looking forward to getting back active with some of the old members here as well as ones that have come along since I left.If you or someone you know is struggling to try to hunt or giving up-NEVER give up.Like the old saying,where there's a will there's a way.My fellow hunters:don't let that will fade!I let things get me down for years,and granted i still have alot of limitations but I'm determined it's not keeping me down altogether anymore.Everyone have a blessed day and like I said,feel free to comment back here or contact me if I can be of any help whatsoever.