HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accura at the range for hunting season...
Old 08-22-2016, 05:29 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Nope Flint, my rage comes from first hand experience. Unlike many, I don't rely on the internet for my information on my hunting equipment. I probably send more bullets down range each year than the majority of people on this forum combined. I do a lot of accuracy testing as well as field testing of many brands of bullets in both MLer (just getting back into MLers so I'm a bit behind) and centerfire. I've personally seen the results on powerbelt bullets. A few success stories and MANY failures. When I lived in PA I had one of the best blood trailing dogs in the state and many knew it so if they couldn't find their deer, I got a call. A whole hell of a lot of those calls were from people using powerbelt bullets! That's no BS from the net, it's just plain old fact. Shoulders blown all to hell with poor penetration. To be fair, I got a lot of calls during archery season as well, mostly people using expandable broadheads.

I'd like to see where you get your information from about powerbelts being the number one selling ML bullet. I'm sure it's from someone sponsored by CVA. I can honestly say I know VERY few people in the muzzleloading world that have some years behind them and real world experience that use them. Except those sponsored by CVA of course. And even most of those only CLAIM to use them when in fact they use better bullets on their own hunts not being sponsored by CVA.

As far as their guns, I'll say it again, I'll let their record of lawsuits and payoffs speak to that.