HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 07:56 AM
mddittman
Spike

Default RE: Hunter Kills White Albino Buck - pic

The picture doesn' t add up.

See the brown on top of the head? That is more like a piebald than an albino. Furthermore, if that IS brown that I see, and I' m not seeing things, that is NOT a completely white deer, it is a piebald and thus legal to shoot (I assume) in Illinois.

I don' t personally know the killer
Before the discussion of the legality/illegality of hunting this deer ever arose, the original poster at this point had labeled the guy a " killer" , not a " hunter" . The whole post sounds like " anti" rhetoric to me. If not, I apologize, but if the deer was taken legally you shouldn' t be ripping on someone for hunting legally.

How do we know who this guy is? This friend-of-a-friend thing should be a flag. Maybe the hunter is from Illinois, but hunted it in another state. You need more information before you slam someone publicly about this. You know, a friend of a friend knows someone who forwarded 100 emails and got a $5000 check from Microsoft!

Finally, as a hunter YOU are a predator, just as a coyote or a mountain lion. How long do you think that animal would last if we still had the real predators around? I hope if I get to hunt a big buck like that, especially a white one, that everyone around me thinks as you do... lots of people to keep him moving, no one shooting!

BTW, I remember when I was in high school, there was a 1 1/2 year old 8 point that EVERYONE was hunting... they drove out every little patch of woods trying to find him with no snow on the ground... he had no problem evading them through the two week rifle season. So much for unethical hunting of disadvantaged deer... or should we say ' pigmentally challenged' ?

As a side note, the law reads
" White Deer Protected "
IT IS UNLAWFUL to take any all white- Whitetailed deer at anytime.

The horns ain' t white!