HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Try this again
Thread: Try this again
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Slowburn
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
tell you vial email Barry
Dave: I shot both the .58 Rene and .50 Pedersoli flint. The .58 shot fantastic. Will post pic of target later. The Pedersoli however was a different story. Yeah it was very accurate when I could get it to go off! I don't know what happened to it from the last time. The only thing I did different was change out the original vent liner to a RMC liner. That normally improves ignition but I only loaded it 4 times and had 4 fail to fire. The first I thought may have been residual oil in the barrel so I took out the vent and put in some FFFFg, reinstalled and fired. Next load same thing but after 2 pan flashes without ignition I loaded up the pan and got it to fire. Third load loaded the pan full again and another flash in the pan. Filled again and tapped it into the vent hole. Got a fire with a slight delay. Checking the 50 yard target all three were just below the bull in a nice group using a 6 O'clock hold. With the 4th load I had 2 more failures and the third holding the front sight in the center of the bull the ball punched a hole in the black. I was happy with the accuracy but not the reliability. I have to see if I can find the original vent liner and try it again.
Bronko, are you picking your vent liner between shots? My pedersoli does the same thing if I don't stick a pick in the vent liner a time or two. However, I still use the original vent in mine. Looks like y'all had a good time.