HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Groundhog Max ATV Disc Question
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

the foreman has a solid rear axle and its a very stout frame and set up
over an IRS , IMO
it will be better suited for dragging a disc,
but again the costs of a CHEAP tractor is a better investment for you in the long run, and still BUY an atv
the advantages of a tractor are SO huge as to just an ATV
implements can be had cheaper, and be larger and , again do more in less time
all the while saving you a TON of life on your atv
if you are on a budget I get that for sure
BUT again if you price shop, you can find a CHEAP tractor, maybe like 750 bucks, if you get a deal
and don't laugh there out there, there plain jane NO bells not pretty to the eye, but there SIMPLE things and were made to last forever with basic care
I had and used a 1948 IH model h for almost 20 yrs, Problem free 20 yrs too, minus a few oil changed and filter changes and two tires I wore out
and sold it for $1500 bucks a few months ago, and it was in MINT condition still, a lesser looking one would have gone for about 750-1,000

pulled a 8 ft disc about, over what an atv's 4 ft IF that, and lpulled it WELL
a decent entry level 4x4 atv can be had for like 5k or so
a BIGGER atv will run 7-9 k
and that 400-450 cc'd motored 4x4 atv will do about anything the bigger one's will as far as driving down trails and lawn work and hauling out deer or fire wood!

so, if you do the math , that means you can buy BOTH and save your ATV from a LOT of un needed stress and abuse, adding yrs to it
JUST saying,
the concept one ONE tool for the JOB< doesn't work well, its like a one size fits all deal, yes, many can use it, but why kill it when there are better option
PLUS the tractor will hold its value 100% better than any ATV will !
these older tractor I am talking about have hit there LOW< and have held there for the past 20 yrs, and will continue to stay at there value due to the fact they plain and simple WORK, and last, and there are MILLION of parts out there STILL being made for them due to the fact they LAST and are desirable
again just honest advice , trying to save you the pains of learning the hard way! and getting a ahead of the game faster!