HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Coyotes vs Western Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 09:09 PM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

I made a ground blind out of PVC pipe, each panel fits in the bed of my pickup. Made it along the lines of a Guillie suit instead of using camouflage cloth, the panels aren't even completely covered, just enough to break up my outline, no top just the sides. I used batches of synthetic type material that dries fast, some bundles of string, shredded cloth etc, and some of that fishnet you can buy for patio decorations. Cable ties to hold the whole works together. Sometimes I add some dried grass or small branches.

Best results are early morning when the dew is settling, damps down your scent some. A light rain is even better.

I've set up right out in the middle of a road, in a table flat field and had Fox walk to within 30 yards of me.

Just a guess but I think they get used to looking for danger in the bushes, the trees or where ever and setting up in an unexpected spot sometimes fools them. I've had it work for both Fox and Hogs, they don't seem to expect danger in a flat open field. Likely to also work for Yotes.

I have a back pack that is also a folding stool. The panels are less than thirty pounds (best guess 7 pounds each). I can carry the whole works in one trip for a reasonable distance. And set up in ten minutes or less.

You just have to be silent and sit still, if they don't scent you or hear you or see you they can get really close. Whether they scent you or not is mostly just luck.

The top PVC pipe of each panel has a wood dowel inside of the tube, makes it more rigid.

Be aware of where your bullet is going if it passes all the way through. Shooting at ground level has it downsides.