HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Saturday was full of close but no cigar. Had four turkeys fly into the field with me at first light. One hen walked past me at 10 feet. Had a small jake come up to the decoys but didn't shoot because had two gobblers calling off stage left and right. One gobbler came across the field and herded all the turkeys away from me. The second gobbler eventually came into the field with another jake and headed my way but a calf startled him back into the woods. He eventually came back out and was 40 yards when another cow scared him off. Couldn't get him to come back out so circled around behind him to his roosting spot and called. He gobbled and sat pat. Moved in closer after each gobble and setup in a thicket looking out to open woods. After a bit I saw his head above a log 15 yards out but something didn't look right to him. I was in full camo with facenet and ghillie suit not moving. Not sure how he spotted me but he took off. He is super skiddish. Thinking about trying to move in on his roost spot in the dark and soft call or should I setup in field again since so many came out there last time?