HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 05:22 AM
turkey harvester
Typical Buck

Well I guess the turkey God's aren't happy with me for some reason. After all the sever weather Friday night I woke up to rain. Future cast said it was going to be out of there shortly so I went. Sat in my truck till 6:15 when rain let up and proceeded to hunt. Started blind calling in a green field, wind was blowing bout 25 mph. After a few I heard one. I dogged this bird for 4 hours playing cat and mouse with him. He stayed 2 steps ahead of me. Finally got around him and could see him. I could see glimpse of him all morning but no shot. He is strutting and working his way towards me and a freakin tree top crashes to the ground. Well the gobbler only gobbles one more time after gobbling his brains out for 4 hours. Talk about bad luck!!!
Sunday- In same spot but now I know where he likes to be. I'm hunting a private farm but others have permission to hunt as well. Normally its first come first serve to the good spots. I get there at 4:30, plus I'm sick, and head out. My truck is parked in front of the gate in the field I hunt. As I'm starting down into the woods I hear a truck. Its driving in the field I'm hunting!! I wondered how did they get around my truck. Well a bird gobbles and I head to him on the route I was originally going to take. I'm 50 yards to where I need to be on this little flat half ridge and he gobbles 30 feet in front of me. Then another to my right. I said crap!!! I just sat down and stayed quiet. A coyote came in and they shut up but I watched them fly down to the half ridge. 3 hens and 2 gobblers. Gobblers split up and shut up. Couldn't get anything to talk or work all morning so I went back to the house. Upon my arrival at my truck, apparently I left my keys in my truck and some douche bag got in it and moved it so they could drive around up in the field. I went up into the field to have a talk with the douche but his truck was already gone. Drove out the other end of the property. Needless to say my season has sucked!!!