HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 2 Strut Stoppers
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 12:03 PM
bigc870
Spike

Sorry I haven't been around been hunting alot.

This is by far the worst starting week I have ever had!!! I have not heard one bird gobble!!!!!!!! Not even on roust!!! The birds are there because I am finding scratch and have covered may miles of woods out looking around later in the morning.
"I also do some run and gun around 10:30-11am to try at get one to gobble but at 1pm you have to quit hunting.

I don't know what is going on I always hear birds every trip out, they may not work but I hear them.

I keep thinking what am I doing wrong but I can't really think of anything, I have been going to proven hunting ground and going to a few places I have never been because the hunting was so terrible at the usual spots.

I did hear on a radio station that has an outdoor report during deer and turkey season and they say the birds are henned up really bad but that don't explain at least to me why they aren't at least gobbling on roust.

I need some help guys as far as getting them to gobble. I have tried setting and listening, locator calls, turkey calls slamming the door and blowing the horn and none get a gobble.

I am mostly hunting the ozarks of Missouri around the Van buren area and have tried I few spots more north and east.

Also I hunt around 70-90 miles from my house depending on where I go so going out there in the evening and trying to put one to bed is not really an option.

Also if anyone knows some spots around where I hunt to try I am open to it. I hunt anywhere from Marble hill to Winona.

Congrats to everyone that has take bird and good luck to those still hunting!!!!!

Last edited by bigc870; 04-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.