HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I am sorry to hear about your luck Talondale.. But it sounds like some exciting hunting you have had.. Hopefully one will come out and play for you to get a shot at him.. But, I am sure the gobbling kept you going.. That black bear would of made me nervous to say the least. I had one a couple of years ago come into my blind once. Fortunately I was not there at the time and he left me some mending to do on my blind. It is till use able now that I had fixed it back up.. Now good luck on the turkeys!! We are all routing for you..
I think I had my blind destroyed by a bear the same season. At first I thought he was another cow that was wondering around where we were hunting then realized he was a bear. My only concern was if I could get footage. I had been walking and calling to simulate a hen leaving because it was the last 5 min of shooting time (noon here) and had a gobbler hung up. I looked back and saw him following me and thought a calf was following me wanting to be fed. Thankfully it wasn't a bear wanting to be fed. :scared: