HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 09:09 PM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

Nice work, folks! I had fun with my wife and daughters in the blind with me Saturday. We had a bird respond to some calls at about 4:00. My three year old was getting tired, so I decided to crawl out and try to make a move on him (she fell asleep 3 minutes after I crawled out!). I worked up the hillside outside the tree line slowly, and got to about 80 yards of him, and still hadn't spotted him. Finally saw him, but there was a ton of thick mess between me and him, and he wasn't budging. Every time he would turn his back, I'd crawl just a little closer, and got to 45-50 yards of him, but still had a good bit of undergrowth to get past. There was one big, thick briar patch another 10 yards ahead of me with a small opening at the bottom of it, and I planned on slowly crawling to it, sticking my head barely through it and taking my shot from there. Well, I got to it, but to get my head under, I had to take my eyes off the bird for a split second. That's all he needed...spotted me moving while I had my head down. Still got my heart to racing!

I probably won't have a chance to get out again before Saturday...wish I could go in the morn...drove by one of my places this evening and saw two gobblers flying to roost in the distance. Jobs...they're nice to have, but sometimes they get in the way!