HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7mm vs 300 win vs 28 nosler
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 04:42 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stalkingbear
Gee Golly!!!!!!! After reading a BUNCH of posts online on different groups/pages/forums, I'm going to have to throw most of my ol homemade guns in the trash! All anybody has to do is ask a question and they'll get a LOT more answers varying as widely as possible. It pisses me off that I have to throw away my whole collection and start over again every time I read a bunch of posts online! If not for this I might have became a multimillionaire!
LOL I totally missed this post SB!!! Danged if I aint right alongside ya bud! Hell I only have 5 rifles made in this century!! The rest are from 1864-1973. Except for a few custom builds off actions 60+ years old. I guess all them old rifles are junk even though every single one of them that shoot (a few are wall hanger military rifles) and shoot dang well! I have several rifles made pre 70 that I would match up against ANY factory rifle made today. Some German built, Some Belgium, Some American, and Some English. Rifles today just don't measure up in my LONG experience of shooting. It's pretty damn sad when you have to spend 2500+ on a damn rifle just to get a rifle that you could have gotten the same quality in a STANDARD factory made rifle 50 years ago from the Winchester factory for a couple hundred bucks and a smile! Even more sad is the fact that these kids today think the quality is better today!! Bunch of plastic junk with absolutely no care for detail of craftsmanship!