HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4 Gobbler Blasters
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the team Jorgy and everyone for that matter!! It is going to be a lot of fun and a great way to enjoy the great out doors..

The only stupid question is the one not asked so feel free to ask away! We all will be trying to give input hopefully with the only intent to help you get a turkey! These birds can act dumb sometimes but they really are a smart bird to hunt after..

Shot your first turkey with a bow last fall! Congratulations! Hen or not it is a tough thing to accomplish! My very first bird was a fall bird and a hen with a bow as well. So I know it can be a hard thing to get done.. My first came the following spring after hunting them without any luck for 3 years prior to that. I have been fortunate enough to get a bird or 2 each spring after that. Last spring I only scored a jake after messing up on 2 toms early in the season.. That was my first year sense spring hunting began I only got 1 bird. But, I did have a hen fly into my truck while driving down the main road and I was allowed to keep for whatever that is.. So either way I ended up with 2 birds.. lol But, it is not my idea on how to get one and besides they can do some damage that way..

Good luck this spring and keep in mind what advise we all offer is nothing more than suggestions to try and help you along...