HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for ANY input on a WY hunt...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:23 AM
BIG DONNIE BRASCO
Fork Horn

Default Looking for ANY input on a WY hunt...

I really wanted to get after an elk before my 50th birthday (next year) but I am just not sure that's going to happen... but I'm not giving up. yet.

In the meantime I got a wild hair up my @$$ and thought it would be fun to go shoot an antelope in WY this fall!

CONS - I have ZERO points, ZERO idea of where to go, and I'm not rich!

PROS - I am in good enough shape to grind it out passed a lot of the public land "park-and-shoot" gang. I can consistently put my bullet where it needs to go at 300+ yards (accounting for conditions).

I guess What I am looking for (and I have already begun scouring the web), is any first hand experience with public units for goats in WY that the public can actually access!?

I know there are lots of public/BLM areas that are land-locked, and there are sometimes ranchers that will allow a trespass etc, but I would rather the door-knocking for permission be a last resort.

In a perfect scenario, I could find a LARGE chunk of public ground that has goats, where I can ditch the truck, and walk way in, nab a goat or two, and pack em out.

I am 100% fine with Doe only as I am just a meat hunter.

I'm also good with specials or buying points or whatever I have to do in order to make it happen this fall! I ain't getting any younger!

Hell as far as THAT goes.... I only picked goats because the doe tags were so cheap! I'll shoot anything that has meat on it!

Thanks for ANY insight!!!

Don