HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady ELD-X, Accubond LR or Barnes LRX?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Brandon_SPC
Fork Horn

Default Hornady ELD-X, Accubond LR or Barnes LRX?

So I just got a 300 Ultra in Remington 700 SPS 26" barrel (stock has been replaced to Bell and Carlson) and is top with a Vortex PST 4-16X50 MRAD. I have an elk hunt in November and will be starting to work up loads. I plan to eventually start shooting this rifle out to 1,000 yards (just to say I can and not for hunting that is a long ways down the road) but would like y'alls preference on what bullet you would choose. I figured if I can get a load worked up to shooting less than an inch at 100 yards I will be on the right track (I am new to reloading). I have always shot Hornady SSTs and Interlock and love them on deer. I want to try and stay around the 200gr weight due to the better BCs and I have a feeling if I shoot 165 or even 180s I will burn the barrel out faster. Both Hornady and accubonds are cheaper than the Barnes but I want everyone's preference and opinion because I have not used Barnes or Nosler so I don't know performance to expect. Shots where I will be hunting can range from a few yards out to 500-600 yards. The powder I will be working loads up with first will be Reloader 25, Norma brass , CCI Magnum Rifle primers. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Brandon_SPC; 02-28-2016 at 08:32 PM.