HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buying a Safe... what lessons have you to share?
Old 02-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I have a fatboy jr, and you'll like it. Buy the biggest and best you can afford. my fatboy jr has an electronic lock, no issue with it. I also have a cannon 24 gun safe with a mechanial lock and no issues with it either. Both are great. The problem with buying is a safe is when you see you have extra room you'll fill it up... then need another safe.... haha
-Jake
So true! The first one I've had for a long time was one built by a friend of my Dad that holds 12 long guns in a straight line across it's width. It has a covered, welded padlock area that houses a heavy padlock that is only accessed by the key in the bottom. The bottom half then drops down and off to allow the top half to be removed so the door can be opened. The Cannon I bought a number of years ago to put another 12+ long guns and hand guns in was from Cabelas. It has an electronic lock and then a mechanical spinner to release the deadbolts and open the door. It has been foolproof and was a little under $1000, including delivery, and that was a big reason I bought it from them.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 03-02-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Spelling