HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back in to bowhunting
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 05:43 PM
cpoplayer
Spike

Default Back in to bowhunting

I've been deer hunting since I was 8 years old. When I was 13 in 1988 I got my first bow, a Bear Whitetail. I hunted with that bow until 2000. I killed a few does with it but never a buck. In 2000 I quit bowhunting because I was worried that I was educating the deer on our leases and making them harder to kill during gun season. In 2013, my dad and hunting partner passed away. We lost our leases and I was just about ready to give up deer hunting completely. Then one day I stumbled upon a video on YouTube of the guys from Primos shooting some good bucks in the Mississippi River bottoms. The excitement they had for bow hunting rekindled my fire a little.

I figured if I was going to get back into bow hunting, I needed to upgrade from that old Bear. So, right after Thanksgiving, I ordered a used Bear Charge from Ebay.

I have been shooting almost everyday since then. I am amazed at how fast that bow is compared to my old Whitetail. I have a small food plot behind my house and had hoped to shoot a doe during our last doe days the weekend before Christmas, but I wasn't confident in my shooting yet to try it.