HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you were to ask Santa for a new ML rifle, which one? (no customs)
Old 12-21-2015, 02:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

A Flinter and not sure what caliber still looking but a nice flinter .......

I just finished a bucket list trip for the Mrs. and barely survived. The money spent would have built my addition to my northern home very nicely.
But she is happy - for now!
And that right there might have been the cause of some of my rash decisions......big crowds shoving and pushing - double wide kid strollers filled with kids that should have been walking....my 4 yr old grandson walked 7 to 10 miles per day...and old ladies on scooters outa control......the weather was warm - would have been much nicer in a tree stand tho....the bikinis - surely made my day and every day I was there! My grandkiddies giggled the whole time. I only hated one roller coaster. The water rides where fun. The food was outa this world and I am glad to say I even lost weight from all that walking. Probably due to pushing the wheel chair as much as I did. Towards the end I played chicken while pushing that wheel chair with any double wide stroller I could find.....wife never knew! LOL. The home flight on United - wow.....was not my fault United. You changed my reservations 3 times - you had better hold that plane! Oh and I did not wear my suspenders and that will teach you to have me take my belt off - again not my fault I have lost 47 lbs so my pants are rather loose..... sorry about that....lady you didn't need to look.
But I am glad I am back home. Now to get thru her family Christmas eve celebration so I can pack up and be back on my stand Christmas afternoon for a while in some quiet solitude. That is where I am finding the most peace on earth.
Have till Jan 3.....now with smoke any longer....gotta use a stick now. But I can still smoke a turkey till Dec 31....

But what do I want under the tree which will never ever appear unless I do it myself...
A Flinter........that would round out what I have and what I could show and demonstrate to my Hunter Ed Classes.
And with Hunter Ed Classes it looks like I'll be real busy with that in 2016. 3 classes north and probably 2 south. I lead 2 separate groups of instructors...... But they had better not mess with my turkey seasons.....

Ya a Flinter....it be fun learning how to throw sparks....

Merry Christmas Boys

JW

Psssst......Pete I got a 30 yr note......yes they will....it's how ya cajole...

Last edited by JW; 12-21-2015 at 02:20 PM.